date: Jan 8, 2019
location: Singapore (Jurong Island), Singapore, SG
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Process Engineer / Process Engineer located in Jurong Island, Singapore through February 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Supports Operations in the areas of process troubleshooting and process improvements to improve Plant Reliability and increase Plant Capacity
- Coordinates and participates in HAZOP studies to manage Process Safety in the plant
- Develops process improvement proposals for project implementation and execution
- Performs plant trials for process improvements and for raw material qualification
- Initiates and manages capital projects
- Performs basic Process Engineering Design
- Monitors process trends and product quality to ensure product quality conformance
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- 1 to 5 years of relevant work experience in the refinery, petrochemical or chemical industry
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and across functional groups
- Knowledge in Process Design and Engineering
- Familiar with ASME & API codes & standards
- Knowledge in HAZOP, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and engineering tools
- Proficient in excel VBA or other data analytic software
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.