Location:St John’s, Canada
Apply by:December 14, 2018
Position type:Employee (Office / Offshore Core)
Job ID #:30581
Aker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions based in St. John’s, NL provides front end studies, engineering, asset integrity management, construction, procurement and project management for upstream oil and gas facilities. We are now looking for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to strengthen our team St. John’s.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for working within our multi-disciplined onshore Engineering Department the successful candidate will be required to conduct studies and complete detailed process design work related to the modification and maintenance of offshore oil and gas installations. Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Process/Chemical)
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant process design experience
- Competency in Process analysis software such as HYSYS and FlareNet or equivalent is required.
- Must be eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Review, interpretation, design and analyse process equipment and systems, including process simulation and system analysis, prepare technical reports, design drawings and specifications.
- Conduct debottlenecking studies, equipment sizing and selection.
- Works together with other members of the process team, and with other engineering disciplines, through work development; investigates, advises and resolves design and field engineering problems
- Takes a senior role in problem analysis, solution development, and implementation of corrective actions
- Supports procurement, fabrication, and construction efforts including through bid evaluations, communication with suppliers, documentation review, and support to offshore execution.
- Participates in engineering and capital cost estimating.
- Works to assure compliance with project schedules and control estimates
- Supports company objectives pertaining to quality, health, safety, security, and the environment.
- Provides technical guidance to discipline staff.
- Organizing and supervising work within a small group within own discipline or related area of specialization
As a Senior Process Engineer, the following behavioral competencies are required to effectively deliver results:
- Collaboration – Fosters open dialogue with all project parties, solicits feedback from others. Offers and seeks expertise and support freely.
- As a senior team member, participates in mentoring others
- Accountability – Takes personal responsibility and ownership, fulfills commitments, and learns from mistakes.
- Proactive – Exhibits initiative, energy and foresight in evaluating and responding promptly to challenging situations, problems and opportunities for improvement within projects.
- Analytical Ability – Ability to identify trends and opportunity for improvements.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; consistently achieves project goals.
- Creating and Innovating – Produces new ideas, approaches or insights; produces a range of solutions to problems; seeks opportunities for organizational improvement.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically, and Canadians generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for training and employment