Date: Nov 1, 2018
Location: Keene, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct well surveillance and EBS (Exception Based Surveillance) reviews of process conditions for the wells in your area of responsibility.
- Provide ‘boots on the ground’ support of well facility/process problems in order to gather failure data and ensure appropriate interventions are required.
- Monitor and affect optimization of profit and loss in your area of responsibility.
- Conduct root cause failure analyses (RCFA), according and confirm implementation and effectiveness of countermeasures.
- Drive “fix it forever” versus “forever fix it” philosophy driving bad actors to elimination.
- Develop and optimize equipment repair and spares strategies.
- Provide reliability and maintainability input to the design of new projects including standardization and selection of equipment/parts and components.
- Develop and support development of capital (capex) and operating costs (opex) budgets for wells and wellsite facilities in your area of responsibility. Collaborate with other disciplines as required.
- Provide technical authority input and expert advice for Management of Changes, fitness for service, repair specifications (major equip), deferrals, and barrier failures.
- Collaborates with production engineers on well servicing functions.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction through system and process optimization
- Participate in engineering network and the distribution of lessons learned and information sharing.
- Align with contractors to reduce cost and promote continuous improvement
- Minimum 5+ (6-8 preferred) years experience in an oil & gas field-related engineering/operations role (e.g., Production Engineer, Completions engineer, Process engineer)
- Knowledge of mechanical/I&E/static/subsurface equipment
- General process engineering knowledge preferably including modelling.
- Proficient computer skills (nodal analysis, IFM, Microsoft Office, SAP)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Developed analytical and complex problem-solving skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a diverse, multidiscipline team environment
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering, or equivalent
- Continuous Improvement – 35%
- Process Execution – 5%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 50%
- Leadership / Coaching – 10%
- Field Office – 60% (minimum) to 100%
- Local travel within state as required.
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.