Req ID 96043BR
Job category PROJECTS
Countries (State/Region) East
Location Azerbaijan – East – Baku
We are looking to recruit Senior Project Engineer reporting directly to Project General Manager Offshore Projects. In this role, the incumbent will be expected to act as Singe Point of Accountability (SPA) for managing delivery of the SDA Power project, SD2 3rd to 5th Gas Topsides scope delivery and support the offshore projects PGM as required to deliver the portfolio of Offshore Projects from Optimize through to Operate.
· Assist / support the PGM to achieve contract objectives
· Demonstrate HSE leadership by actively engaging the BP site team and construction contractors with actions that contribute to delivering on BP’s HSE expectations
· Ensure delivery of engineering technical documentation and procured items to support the fabrication schedule.
· Manage interfaces with GSH, SPS Supplier and the Marine team and their contractors.
· Actively monitor construction activities first-hand to ensure satisfactory execution in accordance with the project technical documents
· Critically review and accept applicable contractor engineering documents
· Liaise closely with PSCM to coordinate delivery of all company-supplied materials and equipment
· Liaise with BP HSSE and Lifting Authorities to ensure timely approval of lifting operations documentation
· Develop preliminary responses to Site Engineering Queries (SEQ’s), Deviation Requests (DVR’s and Concession Requests (CR’s) and coordinate the timely response and close-out from engineering and from BP technical authorities
· Ensure that technical-related Action Items are addressed and closed in a timely manner
· Liaise with the QC Lead to ensure the proper interpretation of specifications and that all project technical requirements are being adequately monitored
· Assist with the assessment and resolution of non-conformances
· Support the PSCM Lead & Construction Manager, as requested, with technical back-up to Variation Order Requests
· Liaise with the Construction Manager regarding mobilization and coordination of vendors
· Assist the completions / commissioning effort by ensuring all design drawings, procedures, and other technical information are provided in as-built status
· Take ownership of designated execution risks and drive them to acceptable levels
· Submit weekly discipline report and provide other accurate/timely input to various site reports
Demonstrate a commitment to the development of junior personnel and others who work on the site team
- Engineering degree or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
· Demonstrable track record of experience and accountabilities, relevant to the job description described herein, gained on similar large-scale offshore oil & gas projects with an emphasis on project management:
· Previous subsea engineering, fabrication and delivery experience
· Previous experience of managing multiple contract interfaces, budgets and schedules
· Previous experience in a team leader or senior role
· Substantial experience with effectively interfacing and working together with owner / contractor engineering & construction personnel and with multi-discipline site teams
· High level of expertise in comprehending and interpreting engineering & construction specifications, reports, drawings, and other technical documents
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
– Strong planning, interpersonal, communication and influencing and organizational skills.
– High motivation and the ability to achieve goals and be a team player.
– The ability to define and prioritize issues and solve problems through networking with other team members or external sources.
– An Innovative eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo.
– The ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, with wide ranging cultural backgrounds.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Chartered or Licensed Professional Engineer
Yes – up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Global Projects Organisation (GPO) is accountable for the line delivery of Upstream’s global portfolio of over 45 major projects. GPO has 4 key roles: .
– Integration, with overall accountability for FM delivery from the beginning of project appraisal to first production, .
– Optimisation, with a focus on selecting the right development concepts, leveraging standardization, segment scale and learning, .
– Execution, continuously improving efficiency with rigorous performance management, .
– Advice, to inform segment portfolio decisions.
Significant value is created in the front end of projects where we optimize the development concept with multi-disciplinary input, and a standardized model will ensure that we performance manage the developments to ensure that we continuously improve. .
The goal of the GPO is to deliver sustainable efficiency improvement, close the learning loop with Operations, and to deliver functional performance into GPO Projects.