Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Petroleum Engineering
Reference ID: 104520BR
. The Senior Reservoir Engineer is part of the Field Development Team that consists of Petroleum Engineers and Geoscientists responsible for the planning, execution, review, and reporting on field developments and hydrocarbon maturation of a portfolio of tight gas fields in Oman.
- Define reservoir engineering workflows, including dynamic reservoir simulation workflows and reservoir drainage planning workflows feeding into Field Development Plans.
- Together with the other reservoir engineer and other subsurface disciplines in the team, construct dynamic reservoir simulation models to test subsurface development options and uncertainties. Generate production forecasts feeding into economic analysis and development concept decisions.
- Ensure the reservoir engineering work within the team is assured and done in line with corporate standards and practices.
- Set performance indicators for the reservoir engineering work in the team, including reviews, reserves booking and production predictions.
- Make Shell standards and guidelines available to the team and ensure all reservoir engineering staff is adequately trained and competent for their tasks, in particular for reserves reporting and production predictions
- Construct and update the surface network to capture the gas delivery to customers.
- Review the performance of producing wells and compare these with planned performance and benchmark against to worldwide experience and best practise.
- Review the performance of well stimulations, fracture parameters and inflow characterization, and align these reviews with the Production Technologists and other disciplines (skin, effective fracture length, connectivity, etc.)
- Characterize the well, reservoir and field performance, (inflow performance, formation damage, drainage areas and fluid characterization),
- Liaise with the other engineers and disciplines in the development Team into a common understanding of actual performance, predicted performance, and reserves evaluation.
- Prepare the overall hydrocarbon maturation strategy including proposals for further appraisal and development drilling and for reservoir engineering related measurements in new and existing wells.
- Prepare the annual reporting of subsurface hydrocarbon resources and reviews and assured in compliance with internal procedure and external guidelines and regulations.
- Present reservoir engineering material in technical meetings with joint venture partner and industry regulator.