Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Petroleum Engineering
Reference ID: 104547BR
The Reservoir Engineer Technology Pilots will be a member of a small, high profile, team of Petroleum Engineers tasked with continuous improvement in well performance through the maturation of technology in general and hydraulic fracturing technology in particular. The reservoir engineer will be responsible for the reservoir engineering aspects of the design, execution and analysis of the pilots that support these improvements.
- Deliver the reservoir engineering tasks, including dynamic simulations, to select locations, concepts and surveillance for multiple production pilots of vertical and horizontal wells.
- Define and justify the technology trials and the accompanying surveillance and monitoring plan.
- Support the well delivery team in implementing and executing the technology pilots
- Evaluate the results of the technology pilots and translate these to recommendations for deployment in development wells.
- Establish global networks with Reservoir Engineers and transfer global technology, and in “unconventionals” technology, to the Shell operations in Oman.
- The Technology Pilot Team will be the centre of excellence for hydraulic fracturing modelling, design and executions for Shell in Oman. Act as a focal point for fracked well performance analysis and dynamic simulation for other reservoir engineers in Shell in Oman.
- Establish and confirm the current level of applications and performance of technologies considered as proven within Oman when Shell starts to operate
- Prepare, and keep up to date, an inventory of the new technologies available world-wide and within Shell that could improve the projects for Shell Oman.
- Identify the critical success factor for the implementation of new technologies
- Ensure compliance to relevant corporate Subsurface Design and Engineering Practices.
- Construct, and update a risk and uncertainties register for the implementation
- Set up, maintain and review an implementation plan for new technologies.
- Prepare Technology Updates to support Shell management in joint venture meetings.