date: Jan 14, 2019
location: Houston, TX Texas, US
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Software Engineer located in San Ramon, CA/Houston, TX /United States through February 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Consistently delivers complex, innovative and complete solutions, driving them through design, planning, development, deployment and support that simplify business processes and workflows to drive business value
- Provide technical leadership both tactical (day to day activities) and strategic (big picture, vision). Work has high senior IT and business leadership visibility
- Represent team, priorities, architectures in cross-team architectural discussions and decision making Partner with PMs/POs in forming vision, direction and priorities
- Advocate solid software development practices in the team covering testing, modularity, scalability, observability and integration
- Deliver results in collaboration with other software engineering and technical teams. Constructively and positively influence own and other teams/organizations direction
- Design and develop data engineering, data integration and data management practices and tools
- Develop software solution leveraging established Chevron technology standards and collaborate with internal partners to develop new technology standards as needs arise
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest software engineering tools and practices for continuous integration, unit tests, static and dynamic profiling, code coverage, code analysis, and automated tests
- Technical mentor for the team, enabling development and growth of other software engineers across the company
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics, Engineering or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ year of Technical depth and breadth across the range of large-scale cloud and data architectures technologies
- Experience building solutions in multiple programming languages and platforms.
- Practical, hands on experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission), data engineering/data management practices and tools, strong technical background in one or more development platforms (Microsoft, Java, Linux/Unix, Cloud, Mobile).
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Microsoft technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing API-first approach across platforms and solutions.
- Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud, Service Now, Ansible, Jenkins, and VSTS are considered a plus
- MS preferred in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics, Engineering or mathematics).
- Effective communicator with a record of clear and impactful communication at multiple levels (i.e. from junior engineers to company’s IT leadership)
- Significant experience working on and leading agile teams, utilizing industry methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, etc.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
- This job has expired!