Date: Oct 10, 2018
Location: Toronto, CA
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Toronto : Suite 506 : 5420 North (LR_L000033)
Department:CA918070 : CAL- TTO MARINE DSO (CA918070)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
We are currently recruiting for a Machinery and Rotating equipment Specialist to join our Americas based team. Opportunities are available in key locations of St. John’s, Newfoundland; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Toronto, Ontario and Houston Texas.
From oil fields and pipelines to refineries, power stations and manufacturing plants, we are helping businesses around the world to improve the safety, reliability and performance of their assets as they tackle some of the largest and most complex challenges in the commercial world.
With a global network of Lloyd’s Register specialists in 238 locations, we are uniquely placed to advise at any stage of the supply chain and throughout an asset’s life cycle. This range of expertise, together with our independent status, integrity and expert asset knowledge, has won us the trust of leading businesses from across the energy sector.
As offshore oil & gas development moves into deeper water and more remote locations, our business moves and grows with it. We help our clients worldwide solve complex engineering challenges for safer exploration and production. Join our growing team and help shape our future and your career, while contributing to some of the most advanced engineering and construction projects in the world today.
Reporting to the Machinery and Rotating equipment team leader, your main responsibilities will be:
- Contribute specialist technical leadership and knowledge within the authorised technical discipline Machinery and Rotating equipment with particular knowledge of International Industry Codes & Standards as well as Rules and Statutory requirements were applicable.
- Design reviews to ensure compliance with relevant rules, regulations and international codes and standards.
- Provide technical assistance/advice as requested to internal and external clients on the authorized technical discipline.
- Maintain good communications with clients and designers.
- Prepare bids in response to tenders.
- Must have proven ability at appropriate level as a specialist engineer on projects in terms of budget control (man-hours and materials cost), professional integrity and working to schedule.
- Must be conscientious, self-motivating and have good communication skills and an astute commercial awareness.
- Relevant leadership skills and act as deputy team leader when required.
- Coordinate and mentor other team members.
We are ideally looking for a degree qualified, preferably Chartered, Mechanical Engineer with a proven track record on this discipline; relevant experience – large part of which should be in Oil & Gas Upstream and Floating Offshore Sector in which you have been exposed to problem solving in regards to engineering design but also expected to have proper knowledge of inspection, assessment, repair and life extension of process plant and marine equipment.
You will be fully conversant with codes of practice, standards and statutory regulations and ensure that designs comply with the specified requirements:
- Experienced in Design for offshore and onshore oil and gas projects including floating offshores facilities such as FPSOs and FLNGs; this must include:
- Detailed knowledge of Process gas compressors, Gas Turbines and power generation equipment.
- Familiarity with the following rules and codes : LR Offshore Rules, SOLAS, API (610-619 Pumps / Compressors / Turbines ), ISO, OCIMF, NFPA
- Design experience of winches, gearings, swivel and turrets and other rotating equipment
- Familiar with industry standard codes such as API, ISO, etc. for Machinery and Rotating equipment.
- Understanding of Materials Selection
Additional Knowledge / Experience (not mandatory)
• Knowledge of similar equipment on Marine systems
• Experience in Rotor dynamics
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including full benefits, paid time off, and a unique corporate culture. Join us!
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities).