Senior Static Equipment Engineer
Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry, we provide planning, design, build, and maintenance of upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities and infrastructure. With over 5,000 employees across North America, we service exploration, production, storage, and transportation of crude oil and natural gas to end users, both offshore and onshore. We bring together many different aspects including Pipeline and Facilities groups, onshore and offshore offices, and engineering services to help meet the demands of our clients.
This position is specifically for a static equipment engineer. Candidate must be able to demonstrate applicable experience with mechanical equipment including pressure vessels as well as field erected or shop fabricated tanks. Advanced knowledge and experience with COMPRESS and TANK software is required.
- Develop specifications, design criteria and material requisitions for pressure vessels, tanks and other related static equipment,
- Review of client and project specifications to ensure alignment and effectiveness of vendor and client standards,
- Coordinate all equipment requirements with vendor and client,
- Coordinate all technical interfaces and integration of the equipment into the process plant,
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and specialist technology groups where necessary,
- Coordinate and review recommended vendors with all other engineering disciplines to ensure vendor compliance with project requirements,
- Coordinate equipment with other engineering disciplines,
- Participation in HAZOP and SIL classification meetings with respect to static equipment,
- Develop detailed specifications for the project by utilizing the client specifications and / or Jacobs’ general specifications,
- Prepare material requisitions, review bids and make recommendations leading to the selection of vendors,
- Become well acquainted in all areas of responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineering department,
- Become knowledgeable in areas related to the responsibilities of and the interaction between the Mechanical department and other departments. These areas shall include, but not limited to, other engineering disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls and Purchasing
- Develop and select mechanical design of equipment,
- Interface and communicate with other disciplines about project specific needs for the Mechanical Department,
- Assist in organizing and maintaining departmental design guidelines and procedures manual,
- Provide technical advice to others within the company,
- Supervise and mentor younger engineers of the mechanical department.
Qualifications – External
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required,
- Active APEGA member in good standing, must have active Professional Engineering status (P. Eng.) in the province of Alberta,
- Minimum of 25 years of relevant experience in the mechanical engineering field required,
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry required,
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Canadian Oil and Gas Industry required,
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in developing static equipment deliverables, 15 years of those must be with ASME Div 1 pressure vessels and API 650/620 tanks,
- Extensive knowledge of codes, standards and recommended industry standards for selected gas and oil industry relevant mechanical equipment,
- Extensive experience and knowledge with COMPRESS and TANK (and other related) software will be required,
- Solid technical background in requisitioning of mechanical equipment and knowledge of equipment procurement cycles required,
- Experience as a Mechanical Sub Lead on small, medium to large projects required for all project phases from scoping study, conceptual, feed, and detail design,
- Related field or construction experience is considered an asset,
- Middle East project experience and experience with Desalter vessels is considered an asset,
- Demonstrated ability to resolve technical problems during all project phases,
- Demonstrated ability to resolve technical questions and concerns with clients,
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are an asset,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required,
- Energetic personality, team player, committed to excellence, focus on quality and detail.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
: Nov 13, 2018, 9:24:03 AM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com