Location: Kuala Lumpur, MY
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Kuala Lumpur : Naza Tower : Plat (LR_L000213)
Department:MY765016 : KLR-CPL ENGINEERING (MY765016)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required: Degree in Civil Engineering
Experience Required:See Job Description
To assess complex problems for internal / external clients where the parameters are not well defined and to determine solutions where previous experience does not provide any precedent. The role also include managing projects.
- To perform complex assessments and provide specialist advice for service delivery, research or development work within agreed broad parameters that include budget constraints and contractual requirements.
- To produce the deliverable within the agreed broad parameters in an appropriate format and take responsibility to review other employee’s work as requested.
- To discuss / present the deliverable with the internal / external client at a senior level and be able to suggest alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Undertake administration as required in line with current processes and procedures.
- To assess / recommend the time / value of the work to be undertaken for an internal / external client within an agreed fee / cost structure and within the commercial aspects of the contract.
- To make recommendations based on internal / external client feedback to assist in service delivery improvement and to help build the business.
- To contribute to internal / external client management as appropriate.
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards.
- To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness.
- To mentor / coach other technical employees to achieve effective technical knowledge transfer and application.
- To undertake project management where applicable including monitoring project progress and spend against budget and contract requirements.
Technical / Professional Qualifications / Requirements:
- Degree in Civil & structural engineering, Master degree is an added advantage.
- Must have at least 4-5 years of hands-on experience in offshore structural design
- Minimum overall 7 years in offshore structural engineering
- Must be able to use SACS or SESAM analysis software
- Ability to operate STAAD and other FEA software like ANSSYS, NASTRAN is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skill in structural engineering.
- Able to model offshore substructure and topsides in SACS or SESAM.
- Able to perform the in-service and pre-service analysis for offshore structure, e.g. lifting, loadout, inplace, dynamic, seismic and fatigue analysis.
- Able to perform Structural redundant analysis like boat impact analysis and pushover analysis using USFOS or SACS Collapse.
- Must have some knowledge of soil/geotechnical engineering and should be able to understand the basic theory related to pile driving in offshore
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineer, Engineer, Geology, Engineering, Research