Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Hamburg : Am Sandtorkai 41 (LR_L000062)
Department:DE205250 : HAM-NORTH MARINE (DE205250)
Position Type:Employee Regular
EducationRequired:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
(Senior) Surveyor Engines & Machinery Components (Augsburg – Germany)
Are you a mechanical engineer with a passion for (ship) engines and marine & offshore engine components? Do you want to work in a technical environment where you can use your expertise to share with clients and contribute to safety? Then working as a Surveyor for Lloyd’s Register is something for you! We will offer you a challenging job opportunity and the possibility to develop yourself and realise your ambitions.
What are you going to do?
In this varied role you will work closely with our clients and provide advice. You will assess the design / production / in service aspects of engineering assets, using procedures, experience and knowledge appropriate for routine situations. You are involved in direct surveys of mechanical or electrical parts and components for the use in a maritime or industry environment at manufacturer’s works and periodical or initial inspections of manufacturer’s works. You present the deliverable to the client and are able to come up with solutions where needed. With your commercial eagerness will find additional business opportunities.
You work closely together with the local team and provide guidance where needed and further improve the way we work.
Applicable Codes and Standards: LR Rules and Regulations, Specifications and Procedures, IACS Unified Requirements, EN/ISO/IEC Standards or other applicable codes.
Area to be covered: Southern Germany and Neighbour countries
Who are we looking for? (Technical / professional qualifications)
- Degree as mechanical engineer (Dipl. Ing. Maschinenbau FH/Univ./TH/UH Or B.Eng./B.Sc./M.Eng./M.Sc. or equivalent)
- Resident at Augsburg Area Germany, working within Team Augsburg from Augsburg Meeting Point to serve clients on site
- Ability and willingness to travel mainly within the area above and on a case by case basis within Southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Having a Welding Engineer (EWE/IWE) qualification is an advantage
- The following optional qualifications and requirements would be useful:
- NDE/NDT ISO 9712 Level II (UT, MT, PT, VT) of advantage
- Knowledge on Vessel Installations including, but not limited to Main Propulsion Equipment and Components (Oil and Gas Engines, Gearing, Diesel-Electric Systems incl. the required Control Systems, Engine auxiliary Systems and Components) is an advantage
- Knowledge on Materials applied in Main Propulsion Systems
- Knowledge of electrical components related to oil and gas engines
- Ability and willingness to discuss technical and commercial issues internally and externally from workshop level up to top management
- Proficiency in the German and English language commensurate with the work.
About Lloyd’s Register
The Lloyd’s Register Group (LR) is an independent risk management organisation that helps to improve our clients’ quality, safety, environmental and business performance throughout the world. This is mirrored in our mission statement “working together for a safer world”.
LR is a global engineering, technical and business services organisation and a maritime classification society, wholly owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering for the benefit of the community at large.
Our expertise and activities cover Marine, Energy (Oil, Gas, Chemicals and Power), Management Systems and other asset-intensive industries.
Are you interested in this job? Apply now via the ‘apply’ button and upload your C.V. and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you can contact Jan Dingemanse (Corporate Recruiter – Europe), by phone +31 6 20 27 49 24 or firstname.lastname@example.org.