Apply by:March 15, 2019
Position type:Contract (Office)
Job ID #:31909
Aker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We are now looking for a Senior Telecom System Engineer that can join the team in a FEED project at Fornebu. The project consists of several teams and the Field System Engineering group which will coordinate the IT/Telecom systems across all groups for the project.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Responsible for the following activities in the FEED project:
- Coordinating the IT/Telecom infrastructure on the entire field
- Giving input to System Engineering plans which document interdependencies and verification activities
- Carrying out system validation and calculations to identify bottle-necks, system limitations and conflicts in interfaces
- Attending IT/Telecom systems reviews
- Attending meetings and discussions to provide coordination to other disciplines, organizations and the client
The assignment starts March 2019, with a 1 year initial contract and options for extension.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Minimum 5 years’ of Telecom System Engineering experience from working in Greenfield (NORSOK requirements) oil and gas projects (EPMA/EPC) is required
- Minimum of 10 years’ of experience with Telecommunication system engineering
- High understanding of platform telecommunication system functions
- Ability to configure, setup, test and verify all of the above transmission and radio equipment
- Capable of being the single point of contact for the discipline
- Experience with Aker Solutions is preferred
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For further information please contact:
Hans Olav Kallerød, Senior Manager, Aker Solutions, Tel: +47 67 51 39 74
Emily Zhang, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, Tel: +47 23 96 65 45
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.