Muscat – Shell Development Oman, Oman
Skillpool group: Geoscience
Reference ID: 104544BR
The Senior Well Delivery Production Geologist will be part of a team of Petroleum Engineers and Geoscientists responsible for the maturation of well proposals and well functional specification and the evaluation of subsurface data in support of data acquisition operations for exploration, appraisal and development drilling in Oman. The Senior Well Delivery Production Geologist will report into the Well Delivery Team Lead.
- In cooperation with Well Engineering, the Development Team, the Pilot Maturation Team and the Exploration Team, support a state of the art Well Delivery Process and implement opportunities for leaning and continuous improvements in the delivery of wells.
- Support the Well Delivery Team Lead in defining the well objectives, well functional specifications and data gathering specifications for each well. Align these activities with the exploration team.
- Ensure flexibility and optionality in the drilling sequence by timely maturation of well proposals.
- You are expected to be a role model in a safety culture and ensure safety and integrity are forefront in the day-to-day planning and execution of wells including process safety and compliance to subsurface Design & Engineering Practices for well delivery.
- Compile and evergreen Emergency Response material for each well, work closely with geohazards expert on identifying geohazards and mitigating risks.
- Act as Well Site Geologist on rotational basis, monitor well progress vs actual (on mud/drill log, seismic and regional context), revise drilling prognosis when required.
- Availability out of normal office hours is required as wells approach critical intervals during drilling, e.g. intervals with known geohazards, casing landing points and coring.
- Apply Management of Change (MOC) as/when required.
- In joint effort with the Petrophysicist, quality control deliverables of wireline logging, data gathering and sample storage, transport and analysis.
- Undertake post-drill analysis for own wells and document results in End of Well reports.
- Actively coach young professionals in the geoscience disciplines.
- Ensure that all input to well maturation is delivered in compliance with the corporate technical assurance framework.
- Quality control geological work as precursor to technical assurance.
- Proactively share knowledge, learnings and best practices with colleagues in Subsurface Development Team, the Pilot Maturation Team and the Exploration Team as well as the wider development and exploration community.
- Support embedment of competitive scoping into the well delivery plans.
- Ensure all data and information obtained from the wells is documented and stored compliant with the corporate guidelines.