Date: Oct 18, 2018
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The IT Software Developer II is a mid-level position. This position is responsible for defining system scope and objectives, preparing detailed specifications, coding, debugging, documenting, and maintaining software applications. Work is completed through thoughtful analysis, research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of business processes and industry practices. Works to deliver to our internal users and IT project teams. Participates in effective communication forums with business customers as well as cross-functional IT staff in order to deliver strategic solutions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the analysis of business and user needs by gathering requirements through observation, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Updates and maintains software applications using technical focused development.
- Writes documentation of software applications following established methods to define system scope, as well as help others understand the program.
- Provides innovative and practical solutions to improve performance, expand services, serve new purposes, or improve workflows.
- Interacts with various IT project teams to clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest changes.
- Reports status, issues, and timelines to management staff and project teams.
- Consults with management and makes recommendations for new technologies based on business requirements.
- Recommends policy, procedures and changes to technology solutions.
- Participates in multi-functional teams in problem resolution, evaluation and implementation of solutions..
Job Specific Skills
- Skilled knowledge of software development tools and concepts, database management software, development environment software, graphical user interface development software, object or component oriented development software, program testing software and web platform development software.
- Functional & Technical – Demonstrate a deep understanding of systems applications, hardware, software, and company specific applications / processes.
- Problem Solving – Ability to troubleshoot and use logic for finding hidden problems.
- Listening/ Informing – Expert ability using English to communicate written and verbally with all levels of co-workers, customers and external contacts. Expert phone skills and presence.
- Priority Setting – Expert ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines.
- Organizational Agility – Expert ability to get things done across organizational boundaries and culture.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Expert ability to make good decisions and take action with incomplete information.Skilled knowledge of systems design and project management concepts.
- Skilled knowledge of design, implementation, maintenance, control, monitoring and administration of databases in applicable computing environments.
- Skilled knowledge of overall data management, data quality, and data governance principles.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Prefered: Minimum: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – IT, MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum: 2 – 5 years related work experience
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Enterprise .Net framework (C# preferably, vb.net acceptable)
- Relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Source Control (VSVC or Git preferred)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Cloud first development (Azure preferably, other cloud platform acceptable)
- Azure PaaS (Logic Apps, Functions, Bot Framework)
- OAuth 2.0 (Azure Active Directory preferred)
- Agile Methodology
- Automated Testing (TDD)
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Developer, Oracle, Database, Cloud, SQL, Technology