date: Jan 15, 2019
location: San Ramon, CA California, US
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Software Engineer located in San Ramon, CA/Houston, TX / United States through February 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Consistently delivers complex, innovative and complete solutions, driving them through design, planning, development, deployment and support that simplify business processes and workflows to drive business value
- Work collaboratively with a large variety of different teams
- Work on designing and implementing APIs across platforms and solutions
- Participate as an active member in embedded Agile team to enable cross training and keeping skills current
- BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming, fluent in Microsoft .NET and/or Java, proficient in applying common design patterns, ability to communicate design ideas effectively
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications
- Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud, Service Now, Ansible, Jenkins, and VSTS are considered a plus
- Exceptional object-oriented programming and debugging skills in Microsoft .NET and/or Java
- A keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architectures and frameworks
- Passionate and detailed approach to software development
- Knowledge of modern solution design methods (MVC, MVVM, SPA, etc.)
- Knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, concurrency, online diagnoses, deployment, upgrade/migration, internationalization, production support and other SaaS enterprise software issues
- Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design and design review, unit test, system test, performance test, etc
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams, ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment, ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements, strong verbal and written communication
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland