- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 10/19/2018 6:58:42 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
- Be accountable to functional business for project objectives
- Be a member of a New Product Introduction (NPI) team developing engineering solutions that meet product solutions
- Ensure code quality is maintained and organized with automation
- Support other BHGE Businesses with growing technical expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 1 year of software developmentEligibility Requirements:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Minden, NV
- Travel 10% of the time, as required
- Desired Characteristics:
- Basic familiarity with Test Driven Development and experience in automated API based testing
- Familiar with Agile concepts, preferably ScrumTechnical Expertise:
- Experience in languages such as C++, C#, Java, XAML, HTML5
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programmingBusiness Acumen:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills
- Evaluates products & processes to assure compliance. Measures the impact of trends (cyclical or a shift) and takes action relative to product value position and overall strategy
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businessesLeadership:
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Articulates the story, uses two-way communication and influences outcomes and ongoing resultsPersonal Attributes:
- Can effectively manage multiple work streams and demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Nevada; Minden
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.