- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 1/10/2019 1:55:48 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Services
Essential Responsibilities:In the role of Software Engineer, you will:
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards and product requirements
- Follow the direction of the lead engineer for the software / firmware aspects of the instruments and/or applications you are involved in developing
- Develop practical and innovative designs to meet goals
- Leverage expertise to resolve problems found during the testing process or in the field, lead test and verification activities
- Document technical data generated and be consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Function as a resource and technical support contact when appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical / Software Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an R&D environment
- Desired Characteristics:
- Ability to review software / firmware and pseudo code/flowchart designs for accuracy, presentation, and supportability
- Experience with simulators / emulators and other test and debug tools
- Worked on design and development of control system in Oil and Gas application equipment
- High proficiency in Microsoft and Linux design environment
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages on all software layers (low, mid and high) level firmware. Programming languages such as but not limited to C, C#, CPP, HTML, Java
- Knowledge with GE Predix platform
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to operate without detailed work direction
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Texas; Missouri City
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.