Location: Houston, TX, US
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Houston : 1330 Enclave Parkway (LR_L000269)
Position Category:Design Appraisal
Department:US910156 : NAO-DA (US910156)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Lloyd’s Register is a global engineering, technical and business services organization owned by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering. Founded as a marine classification society in 1760, we now operate across many industry sectors around the world. Today, we’re one of the world’s leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology – improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures for clients in over 75 countries worldwide.
We are now searching for an Offshore Geotechnical Engineering Specialist for our Americas Marine and Offshore team, to report to the Houston corporate office located in the energy corridor. In this key role, you will undertake design appraisal activities with respect to offshore & onshore foundations, anchors & pipelines to ensure compliance with specified rules, codes, Regulations, standards and specifications within agreed parameters including budget and contractual requirements. Additionally, you will perform geotechnical structural modelling and contribute to the preparation of bids and tenders for design appraisal projects.
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
- Assist in development of technical guidance notes, Technical work for papers to be presented at seminars and conferences, co-ordinate technology development projects within LR.
- Be able to work on-site or offshore, as required.
To be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Relevant experience in offshore and/or onshore geotechnical engineering;
- Experience in design & analysis of different foundation or anchor types including piles, shallow foundations, pipelines and anchors
- Able to demonstrate ability to apply the basic principles of geotechnical engineering to a wide range of situations and to perform calculations either by hand or using software/spreadsheets.
- Experience in using the main international codes and standards (e.g. ISO , API, Eurocode etc.).
- Experience in using and interpreting the output of appropriate engineering software such as SACS or USFOS.
- Effective communications in written and spoken English with the ability to prepare discuss and present deliverables to a client at a senior level.
- Good communication skills (including technical report writing), the ability to work to tight deadlines and adaptability
- Preferably a higher degree (masters or PhD) specializing in geotechnics.
- Preferably working towards becoming a Chartered or Professional Engineer and a member of a recognized professional body;
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Experience in geotechnical finite element software such as Plaxis or seismic design is desirable.
We care about each other, our clients, and the environment.
We care about the safety of everyone.
We respect each other and the wider communities we work in.
We’re passionate about giving back to society, leaving the world a better place than we found it.
We share our expertise with each other, with our clients, and with all of our stakeholders.
We strive to be the leaders in our profession with unparalleled expertise.
We’re committed to quality and work together to find the best solution.
We’re inquisitive and curious and never stop learning to further our knowledge.
We do the right thing in every situation.
We’re independent and impartial.
We show integrity in everything we do.
We’re brave and courageous and we never compromise on standards or safety.
At Lloyd’s Register, we’re proud of the work we do and the difference we make. Right now, we’re looking for talented and ambitious people to help us in continuing to make that difference.
We offer a full benefits package, including Health insurance,401K, vacation/sick time/paid holidays and a unique corporate culture where doing the right thing is highly valued and work life balance is real.
Join us in working together for a safer world.
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Engineer, Geology, Civil Engineer, Engineering, Research