Date: Jan 15, 2019
Location: Houston, Texas, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Responsible for implementing/assuring the financial control framework, maintaining compliance with related GSC and Financial/Accounting policies and procedures, and for identifying and leading opportunity improvements (using lean tools and initiatives) related to materials management.
This role will also work across all assets to advise and support best practices in Materials Management and controls. Travel is required only occasionally and typically not excessive in duration. The position will report to the Senior Manager, GoM GSC – Materials and Logistics.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
For assigned asset:
- Ensure Materials Sarbanes-Oxley controls, processes, and related GSC/Materials Management standards and procedures are implemented and embedded in the standard work of the asset team.
- Manage KPI’s/Sub-KPI’s for assigned Materials performance areas, facilitating dashboard management to develop/execute countermeasures to improve results.
- Provide support to Drilling & Completions and Production Materials Supply teams to standardize and continuously improve materials processes
- Lead Surplus and Obsolescence review, collaborating with Material Supply Analyst, Finance and Business
- Facilitate material disposition/investment recovery, collaborating with Business, Finance, Vendors and Material Supply owner to maximize recovery to the asset and ensure proper standards are applied
- Collaborate with internal commercial groups to ensure joint venture requirements are adhered to and aligned with the Joint Operating Agreement (JOA) related to Materials procurement & control processes
- Serve as GSC focal point for ad valorem tax strategies, implementation and resolution; provide required supporting documentation to internal/external parties in support of Hess’ ability to reduce or recover ad valorem tax liability.
- Liaise with IT, Joint Venture, and Finance teams to facilitate timely resolution to challenges, and prioritize system changes where they affect control processes.
- Share and train other asset Materials teams on Control and Optimization standards and tools, incorporating input on improvements to the global standards.
- 5+ years materials, inventory, production planning or related supply chain experience, preferably in materials
- Strong financial acumen and understanding
- Experience with inventory management, master data management
- ERP system experience, including Materials management, Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), Purchase Orders (PO), preferably SAP
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, and apply standard processes
- Required Skills (That Can Be Demonstrated):
- Excellent Communication Skills (Presentation; effective conversations and written)
- Experience in Team Work, including influencing others
- Data Analysis Skills (Operational, Financial, Performance Metrics, etc.)
- Excellent Computer Skills in Excel and Word; good skills in remaining Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Spotfire, Sharepoint, etc.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution or closely related degree is strongly desired; advanced degree a plus.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Anthony Wayne Vasut | Employee | Supply Chain | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25007