Sr Analyst EHS – Waste Coordinator Job
Date: Jan 11, 2019
Location: Minot, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage TENORM process (contractors, manifesting, transport, disposal and SAP workorder creation / tracking).
- Track waste volumes providing updates quarterly including yearend totals to Measurement Reporting Group.
- Provide Environmental / Waste Management guidance and assistance to ND asset.
- Liaise Spill / Release reporting to State agencies.
- Participate in daily interaction with Environmental contractors ensuring compliance with Hess standards / processes / procedures in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Understanding of meter proving techniques/regulations
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Industrial / Oilfield experience
- Good communications skills
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft, SAP)
- Knowledge of safety requirements and practices
- Associate degree or technical degree preferred
- SAP or equivalent
- Continuous Improvement – 10%
- Process Execution – 40%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 40%
- Leadership / Coaching – 10%
- Field Time (“go see”, meetings/collaboration) – 30%
- Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) – 70%
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Jordyn Makell Gustafson | Employee | Environment Health & Safety | United States| North Dakota | Minot | | | | | No | 24999