Date: Jan 15, 2019
Location: Houston, Texas, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Responsible for ensuring that required materials are available for Drilling and Completion projects, in accordance with scheduled requirements and activities.
This role will execute plans to assemble and move equipment per the rig schedule, participate in continuous improvement activities for the planning & scheduling process, providing input on GSC requirements and participating in actions to improve schedule adherence and reliability.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
For assigned asset:
- Deliver on-time availability for Drilling & Completions materials through daily monitoring and execution of requests for equipment, and releasing/expediting requirements for defined sources of supply.
- Mobilize assembly and movements of materials, communicating with vendors, technical teams, and logistics operations to deliver per schedule.
- Participate in operating rhythm meetings for assigned area; provide input and drive optimal decision-making on materials order and mobilization-related scheduling needs.
- Communicate with suppliers and the Shorebase/Warehouse to confirm/advise of upcoming activities including new order releases, changes, and mobilization schedules/activities
- Optimize inventory levels through regular analysis of inventory levels and recommending procurement timing/inventory strategies for assigned materials
- Maintain accurate planning master data on assigned materials
- Participate in Surplus and Obsolescence review, collaborating with Material Control and Optimization Specialist, Finance and Business partners to determine status/viability of equipment. Maintain SAP record of Surplus status.
- Facilitate material disposition/investment recovery, collaborating with Business, Finance, Vendors and Material
- Provide feedback on supplier performance to Procurement/Category Management for supplier management
- Identify opportunities for improvement through continuous review of results vs. targets
- Participate in Lean Problem Solving, Kaizen events
- Support inventory counts, collaborating with the Material Control and Optimization Specialist
- Participate in Site Safety Visits, and workplace Safety observations/behavior
- 5+ years Materials, Inventory, Production Planning or related Supply Chain experience, preferably in Procurement or Materials Management
- Experience with inventory management, master data management
- ERP system experience, including Materials Management, Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), Purchase Orders (PO), preferably SAP
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, and apply standard processes
- Required Skills (That Can Be Demonstrated):
- Excellent Communication Skills (Presentation; effective conversations and written)
- Experience in Team Work, including influencing others
- Data Analysis Skills (Operational, Financial, Performance Metrics, etc.)
- Excellent Computer Skills in Excel and Word; good skills in remaining Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Spotfire, Sharepoint, etc.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution or closely related degree is strongly desired; advanced degree a plus.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Anthony Wayne Vasut | Employee | Supply Chain | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25008