Date: Jan 9, 2019
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The IT Applications III is a senior-level position responsible for defining advanced systems scope and objectives, preparing detailed specifications, coding, debugging, documenting, and maintaining software applications, under broad supervision. Work is completed through thoughtful analysis, research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of business processes and industry practices. Acts as a consultant to users and IT project teams. Participates in effective communication forums with business customers as well as cross-functional IT staff, helping guide strategic direction.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and leads the analysis of business and user needs by gathering requirements through observation, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Updates and maintains software applications using technical focused development.
- Writes documentation of software applications following established methods to define system scope, as well as help others understand the program.
- Conducts trial runs of applications utilizing approved testing procedures to ensure they produce the desired results.
- Provides innovative and practical solutions to improve performance, expand services, serve new purposes, or improve workflows.
- Writes instructions or manuals following documentation standards to guide end users.
- Considers business implications of the application technology to the current business environment.
- Interacts with various IT project teams to clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest changes.
- Reports status, issues, and timelines to management staff and project teams.
- Facilitates user acceptance testing.
- Consults with management and makes recommendations for new technologies based on business requirements.
- Recommends policy, procedures and changes to technology solutions.
- Provides work leadership and training to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Expect high degree of competency in these CHK competencies: Integrity & Trust, Customer Focus, Drive for Results and Peer Relationships.
- Functional & Technical – Demonstrate expert understanding of systems applications, hardware, software, and company specific applications / processes.
- Problem Solving – Expert troubleshooting and ability to use logic to find hidden problems and look beyond the obvious.
- Listening/ Informing – Expert ability using English to communicate written and verbally with all levels of co-workers, customers and external contacts. Expert phone skills and presence.
- Priority Setting – Expert ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines.
- Organizational Agility – Expert ability to get things done across organizational boundaries and culture.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Expert ability to make good decisions and take action with incomplete information.
- Advanced knowledge of software development tools and concepts, database management software, development environment software, graphical user interface development software, object or component oriented development software, program testing software and web platform development software.
- Advanced knowledge of systems design and project management concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of design, implementation, maintenance, control, monitoring and administration of databases in applicable computing environments.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – IT, MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum: 5 – 8 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Database, Data Analyst, Computer Science, Testing, Technology, Data, Research
- This job has expired!