Sr. Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist –Analytics
About eLynx Technologies:
eLynx Technologies is the leading provider of web-based monitoring and field automation services to the oil and gas industry.
In this fast-paced work environment, candidates must be passionate about helping customers, have strong trouble-shooting skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, be organized, work well in a team as well as independently, demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and be able to manage, prioritize and execute multiple priorities.
We are looking for a sharp, disciplined, and highly quantitative individual who has a passion for creating efficient algorithms in the areas of data optimization, anomaly detection, and predictive modeling. We are building a unique technology platform dedicated to the real-time discovery and manipulation of data; this is your chance to be a critical part of our analytics team.
Success is measured in customer satisfaction, monetizing our services, customer retention, product usage and adoption.
Chief Analytics Officer/Directors of Data Science/Analytics
• Ownership of several major work streams and the teams therein
• Collaborate with a team of passionate data engineers, developers, and domain experts from different functional areas to solve complex problems
• Help the organization shape new product directions as well as implement product vision within the context of the next generation of product architecture
• Develop statistical and machine learning algorithms, probabilistic models, and visualizations for client pilots and scaled solutions
• Establish and implement end-to-end proof of concept for data analyses
• Create innovative frameworks and solutions for extracting value from client data
• Establish strategic partnerships with technical leadership across functional areas
• Present to senior leadership, external audiences, and customers
Requirements for the Position:
• Strong sense of and an ability to cultivate an environment of teamwork, and a willingness to help others
• Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff members
• Proficiency in data analysis languages including Python (and analysis packages including but not limited to pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn) and SQL
• 4-8 years hands-on experience in machine learning, statistics or experiment design
• Master’s Degree required and PhD strongly preferred in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics or a related field with focus on data analysis
• Expertise in machine learning, statistics, data analysis. Must have an excellent knowledge of advanced methods, and experience in applying those methods to a variety of problems
• Solid grasp of probability, statistical or mathematical modeling with analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability. Experience with time-series analysis strongly preferred
• Demonstrated experience in applying machine learning to real-world problems
• Familiarity with software development cycles, source control systems (including Git), databases, web servers, Microsoft and Linux platforms
• Experience with Jupyter notebooks
• Familiarity with big data and distributed computing technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Hive, and Pig
• Knowledge of petroleum and process verticals, production automation, field automation and/or telemetry along with business, finance, economics would be a plus
• Candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
• Candidates must be able to work for any US employer
Negotiable based upon experience