Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This senior-level position is responsible for providing technical support to the Geoscience department, under limited supervision. Responsibilities include loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting geoscience data. Provides user support for software systems, which may include installation and maintenance of software and troubleshooting user problems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical support to Geoscientists performing geological, geophysical, or petrophysical assignments.
- Performs advanced data management activities. Loads/enters, verifies, manipulates, analyzes, and prepares reports of geoscience data.
- Formats and prepares data for presentations.
- Provides advanced user support for software systems, including the installation and maintenance of software and troubleshooting user problems. Serves as liaison to IT personnel for more complex problems.
- Performs advanced selection, analysis, complex calculations, and interpretation of technical data for Geoscientists. Integrates data from cross functional teams.
- Provides training on applications and systems to users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills with capability to become expert user.
- Working knowledge of department specific software and system applications.
- Understands common oil and gas terminology.
- Able to recognize errors and seek solutions in a methodical manner.
- Understands file storage systems, conversions, networks, and data management techniques.
- Understands the basics of well logs (type, reading header, etc.).
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – Math, Science, GIS/IT, Earth Science or related degree field
- Minimum: 5 – 8 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Technician, Gas, Gas Technician, Geology, GIS, Technology, Energy, Engineering
- This job has expired!