Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
The Piping Designer accomplishes results through teaming with lower-level experienced exempt employees. Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity. May lead a section or group of designers/drafters, usually on a single project in a specialized field.
- Perform initial project planning in regards to project scope, design basis, effort hour budget, staffing requirements, deliverables and execution procedure.
- Knowledgeable of company, department and project procedures and ensure all are followed throughout a project.
- Develop and/or participate in Plot Plan and Equipment Arrangement activities.
- Establish design areas and assign piping team personnel to design responsibilities.
- Establish and trend estimate quantities.
- Participate in all design reviews.
- Monitor the progress for all piping design activities in regards to budget, schedule, and staffing and report results to Project Management and Department Management. Monitor and supervise work in satellite offices.
- Ensure the deliverable verification process, and that all deliverables are issued according to schedule.
- Participate in weekly project discipline team meetings, and conduct weekly piping design team meetings.
- Ensure all piping design team members are working according to Jacobs safety guidelines, and that all have successfully completed project specific safety training.
- Normally requiring a minimum of 10+ years experience and a High School or Associate Graduate, or a BS degree reducing this requirement to 8 year’s experience.
- SPED training/certification a plus.
- Candidates should have enough knowledge of 2d and 3d CAE/CAE systems to manage & organize work activities and perform necessary layout and design.
- Primary experience in S3D is preferred.
- Experience in other applications such as PDMS, Cadworx and Optiplant are a plus.
- Good communication skills is required
- Experience in developing estimates and schedules, leading a piping design team executing multiple smallprojects, interfacing with other disciplines and other offices, evaluating progress and early identification of potential problems is preferred
- Field experience and experience in developing turnaround packages and providing turnaround support is preferred
- Previous work experience in a refinery or chemical plant is preferred
- Previous safety awareness training is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Jan 16, 2019, 2:26:28 AM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com