Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
The Piping Designer has extensive knowledge in specialized function and a strong understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Develops processes that require innovation and ingenuity. Work performed under minimal supervision. Interacts with internal and external personnel on matters of significant importance.
- Develop the portion of a process unit or offsite facility as assigned, from the preliminary stages through detail design, or review the work for the assigned area as being developed by satellite offices.
- Coordinate area design assignments with designers in adjacent design areas.
- Utilize 2D and 3D CAD software as required to develop plant layouts.
- Produce finished Piping Design deliverables through the use of 2D CAD software or extraction from a 3D model.
- Check the design and deliverables as prepared by other designers for accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and project specifications and standards.
- Assist in maintaining project controls and records.
- Be able to supervise and coordinate the work of one or more designers.
- Complete familiarity with equipment items and piping materials and their function in design of a process/utility facility.
- Complete working knowledge of the operation and function of all engineering disciplines to ensure proper coordination on a project.
- Normally requires a minimum of 5 years of experience and a High School or Associate Graduate, or a BS degree reducing this requirement to 4 years experience.
- SPED training/certification a plus.
- Primary experience in S3D is preferred.
- Experience in other applications such as PDMS, Cadworx and Optiplant are a plus.
- Willingness to move up eventually into an Area Lead role on a project or program is a positive.
- Good communication skills is required
- Basic understanding of piping layouts and field drawings is required
- AUTOCAD or MicroStation training
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Jan 16, 2019, 2:15:57 AM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com