Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the second consecutive year , we who provide planning, design, build, and maintenance of upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities and infrastructure. With over 5,000 employees across North America, we service exploration, production, storage, and transportation of crude oil and natural gas to end users, both offshore and onshore. We bring together many different aspects including Pipeline and Facilities groups, onshore and offshore offices, and engineering services to help meet the demands of our clients.
Lead responsibility for technical direction of a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards. Develops solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- Implements, modifies, and maintains chemical processes
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations
- Models processes and units operations
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment
- Develops process flow diagram to define heat and material balance
- Develops process specifications such as distillation columns, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and fired heaters
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
- 10 years’ of experience designing refinery process facilities required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- P.E. License preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-California-Long Beach
: Apr 9, 2019, 10:34:51 PM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com