Date: Nov 5, 2018
Location: Houston, Texas, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This role will provide support to the Developments Director in performing Project Engineering related activities for a Non-Operated JV in a frontier deep water discovery. Responsibilities will include management of risks, assurance activities, interfaces, communications with the Operator, influencing strategy, surveillance and oversight of budgets and schedules etc.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support development and implementation of a non-operated Developments strategy for Hess around the aspects of Assurance, Influence and Learnings.
- To assist communications with Hess senior management on the planned Operator’s Development strategy, timing and expenditure and to liaise with the Operator and other WI partners to influence as necessary to meet Hess’ OBO strategy.
- To oversee the Developments budget and schedule for a given development scheme and to coordinate internal budget reporting and cost forecasting and to be accountable for this budget within Hess.
- To support the Developments’ coordination and integration of the functions necessary to plan and fully evaluate the Operator’s activities related to Development planning and to oversee the progress through the various investment decisions / stage gates.
- To coordinate a small team of part time discipline specialists to address key areas of the Development in conjunction with the Exploration/Appraisal team and to provide feedback to the Operator on key Development details.
- To understand and effectively implement the PSC and the JoA to best meet Hess’ needs and to coordinate the Operators investment schedule with the Hess Work Plan and Budget cycle.
- To identify and implement a process to enable Hess to learn from the Operator to improve the future Hess Projects performance and to seek opportunities to engage with other Hess personnel.
- To own, update, manage and track issues highlighted in the Influence Register and to follow to resolution.
Experience / Education
- BSc Degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 7 years relevant professional experience
- Experience must include deep water projects in a facilities/project engineering capacity. Prior experience in an OBO setting would be an advantage.
- Prior experience working on project teams in all stages of the development cycle (concept selection, FEED, detailed design, procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up) would be preferable. Experience of managing Facilities Engineering and / or Front End would be a plus.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills to lead a team and effectively manage interfaces with stakeholders at multiple levels
- Able to converse knowledgeably on project management and execution with the Operator on issues spanning all elements of the project life cycle
- Demonstrates good EHS behaviors.
- Prepares and effectively delivers presentations to co-workers and management
- Develops work plans and establishes targets for project team members
- Ability to produce key Project Management documents (Basis of Design, Project Execution Plans, Project Schedules, Cost Estimates, Risk Registers)
- Understanding of fundamental Project Controls principles of Cost and Schedule Management, Risk Management. Ability to produce cost estimates, schedules, and cost reports.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.