Role Summary:We’re seeking a full-time, Sr Software Engineer – Dupral to join our Digital Technology Team at Baker Hughes, a GE Company. This position will be responsible for administering and developing our enterprise level websites including all the site factory sites that are built on Drupal 8. You will work as part of a highly creative team and high functional team.
In the role of Sr Software Engineer – Dupral, you will:
- Patch and update core Drupal for an enterprise, multi-site environment
- Provide day-to-day technical support for internal and external users
- Work closely with our agency of choice to develop web applications
- Assist with continual improvement of process and procedures
- Research, promote, and implement DevOps-oriented solutions
- Be willing to work outside of core business hours in the event of an emergency or a significant project launch or code deployment
- Follow security, scalability, and performance best practices and adhere to company ISO security standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 6 years of Drupal and web development experience required. Drupal 8 experience is a mustEligibility Requirements:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston, Texas
- Desired Characteristics:
- Good knowledge of Drupal contrib modules, Drupal tools, Drush etc.
- Front End Skills for developing a Drupal theme
- Should be capable of building custom modules from scratch. We are not looking for a Drupal Site Builder
- Efficient in using version control system such as git and should have the general idea about continuous integration tools like Jenkins and Circle CI
- Efficient in Mysql and PHP
- Expert knowledge of Drupal API’s and hooks
- Experience with RESTful web services design and various API’s
- Experience with Acquia Cloud
- Experience with Acquia Cloud Site Factory Instances, Acquia Lift and Acquia DAM
- Any previous experiences of using a ticketing system like JIRA or Rally
- Needs to be able to play a role of a Scrum Master when needed
- Should have a general concept of Scrum Team. Should be able to run an agile Team
- Knowledge of Sprint Planning, Releasing and Reviewing
- Should be able to work / lead a dev team that works in different time zone
- Acts as a mentor / leader to the dev team
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.