Date: Jan 10, 2019
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This advanced level position guides the strategic sourcing and fulfillment activities for assigned commodities in order to develop a qualified supply base, reducing total cost of ownership and improving quality and supplier performance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements advanced category strategies, sourcing strategies, support and negotiates contracts and supply agreements and facilitates supplier performance management for assigned commodities and services under little to no supervision
- Assures timely delivery and quality of goods and services for assigned categories
- Guides the planning, scheduling and prioritization of category management work related activities
- Responsible for supplier relationship management strategies, supplier development, continuous improvement, total cost of ownership, annual cost reduction goals and improving supplier quality for assigned categories
- Recommends suppliers based on needs and negotiates contracts using advanced market research and analysis to provide the company with competitive advantage
- Facilitates commercial and advanced technical analysis to normalize proposals in order to select the goods and/ or services which offer the best value to the company
- Mentors entry level staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Specific Skills
- Enhanced knowledge and proficiency in category management, marketing and sales principles and processes, Strategic Sourcing, and Supply Chain policies, processes, procedures, practices and techniques
- Enhanced understanding of 5 or 7 Step Strategic Sourcing Process
- Enhanced proficiency in Supplier Performance Management, including corrective action reporting, monitoring and measurement of key performance indicators and quality assurance/quality control
- Enhanced understanding of data driven spend analysis and forecasting methods
- Enhanced negotiation skills
- Enhanced knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements for O&G industry
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – Business, Math, Finance, Economics or related field
- Minimum: 8 – 12 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s (NYSE:CHK) operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Logistics, Law, Market Research, Supply, Operations, Legal, Marketing, Strategy
- This job has expired!