Date: Oct 17, 2018
Location: Houston, Texas, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This position requires a self-starter who can work independently with good decision-making skills while gathering and analyzing complex data from a wide range of sources. The source of data includes but is not limited to leases, contracts, division orders, title opinions, curative and other such related documents.
This position requires someone skilled in all facets of ownership including various interaction levels with internal and external business partners.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the Management of business partner interfaces. These include but are not limited to; land, legal issues and the many interfaces of royalty and working interest payments into PRA/SAP. Related to this is the ultimate responsibility for audit documentation, both for internal and external audits, related to Hess working interest.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving a high volume of Division Orders, and Transfer of interests in PRA/SAP while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving a high volume of Business Associate data related to Division Orders in SAP.
- Responsible for the validation of appropriate backup documentation for transfers ensuring that policies and system parameters are followed.
- Support and responsiveness to our Finance colleagues by making available ownership to allow for accurate and timely processing of production volumes, production revenue, and joint interest billing.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of formats of various legal descriptions so as to analyze spacing and unit map information and apply that information to our core business processes.
- Responding to phone calls, emails and mail from external and internal customers regarding title issues, inquiries and account questions.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with both internal and external business partners as well as property owners to obtain needed information and/or documents or to convey information.
- Adhere to internal document management process to ensure correspondence, instruments, records, and all other data are filed, imaged and indexed appropriately for retrieval and analysis.
- Alignment with company needs to monitor and measure business activities and to continuously improve our business processes.
- Conduct all business activities according to Hess policies including business ethics, Hess application of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, and all system/process security restrictions.
- Contribute to and support efficient practices in all aspects of the role including identifying opportunities to improve.
- Minimum of 10 years of oil and gas experience is desirable, in one of the following: land, land administration or division order
- Experience with PRA/SAP is required
- Capable of calculating complex Net Revenue and Working Interests including APO/BPO
- Ability to interpret DOTO calculations
- In depth understanding of Chain of Title and determining satisfaction of curative requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the essential requirements of ownership transfers and be able to interpret the effects of a wide range of ownership-transfer documents.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferable or commensurate experience. Certifications or degrees in the following are also a plus: Law, Petroleum Land Management, and Division Order Analyst.
- Advanced knowledge of land administration including:
- Lease, royalty, and joint interest partner concepts.
- Real property ownership and conveyance documents
- Laws and regulatory provisions related to oil and gas extraction.
- Contract administration.
- Intestate succession
- Royalty provisions and allowable deductions
- Strong knowledge of oil and gas operations.
- In-depth knowledge in PRA/SAP Ownership Modules
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.