Date: Apr 8, 2019
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The Facilities Engineer III is a senior-level position who, under general direction and guidance, performs aspects of engineering assignments requiring advanced knowledge of engineering principles. Conducts advanced engineering studies. Possesses a strong understanding of the role’s technical or specialized professional knowledge and has defined skills directly related to the functions purpose. Problems can be defined and understood with an appreciable range of solutions made available and solved regarding experience and reference points. Able to draft and defend a technical paper; can deliver a technical presentation. Able to act as Project Manager for complex, multi-disciplinary projects using established Chesapeake project management practices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, designs, and manages facility related projects in Business Units across the company focused on improving facility downtime, free cash flow, and process safety.
- Manages engineering contractors to complete projects. Management tasks will include development of Scope of Work documents, leading RFQ efforts, providing senior design review, and ensuring the quality and schedule of the deliverables.
- Coordinates and/or participate in process hazard analysis (PHA’s) and other risk assessments for facility design.
- Interfaces extensively with field operations and field facility engineers; troubleshoots operational problems to financially optimize facility operations.
- Applies appropriate industry codes and regulations and drives EH&S commitments in these facility designs.
- Tracks facility equipment failures and generates Best Management Practices (BMP’s).
- Confers with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel to resolve design, research, and testing problems.
- Coordinates the installation, maintenance, and operation of oil field equipment.
- Performs field and screening studies of existing assets and potential acquisitions, including associated economic analyses.
Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of natural gas pipeline, compressor, and process modeling, including use of ProMax or similar software
- Knowledge of oil and gas production facilities and pipeline design and analysis, familiar with industry standards, codes, practices and DOT pipeline safety regulations.
- Knowledge of electronic flow measurement, SCADA system design and implementation and other communications media used in transmitting data from the RTU.
- Knowledge of process control design, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of project management process and the ability to lead a work process.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and apply learnings across regions and operating areas.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university
- Minimum: One of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – Engineering from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) program, or
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, or
- Master’s degree – from accredited university – Master’s of Engineering degree from a program in which the correlating Bachelor’s degree is accredited by the ABET EAC
- Minimum: 5 – 8 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s (NYSE:CHK) operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Facilities, Engineer, Pipeline, Oil Field, Operations, Engineering, Energy, Research