- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 10/31/2018 9:55:24 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
In the role of Steam Turbine Controls Engineer, you will:
- Provide engineering support for retrofit control systems for steam turbines, under the overall management responsibility of the project manager. Be accountable for project deliverables, customer CTQ compliance, on-time schedule execution and team performance
- Apply electrical and mechanical engineering principles to analyse, propose, design, test, and troubleshoot steam turbine control systems
- Review contract documentation and customer specifications for technical impact
- Be responsible for technical review and response to customer specifications. Provides support to commercial / sales organization to interpret requirements and define responses in proposals and Tables of Compliance
- Provide mentoring, direction and leadership to junior team members
- Design systems for interface to existing turbine control equipment, and evaluate all system components, requirements, and interactions
- Be responsible to coordinate and lead technical design reviews of projects and to update and archive all required documentation
- Apply knowledge of industry practices and international standards to produce high-quality and cost-effective designs
- Support customer meetings, factory acceptance testing, and installation and commissioning of control systems
- Frequently interact with customers and suppliers
- Demonstrate expertise in technical problem resolution, especially in regard to power plants operation
- Support streamlining of engineering processes and business growth
- Travel internationally as well as within the USA
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in ST/power plant including a detailed understanding of power application with turbine-generator control systemsEligibility Requirements:
- Travel up to 20% travel of the time, as required
- Desired Characteristics:
- Knowledge and experience with electrical and mechanical control systems for steam turbines
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment
- Proficient in the use of PC software applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving ability and adept at communicating with several levels of the organization
- Strong influence, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong process discipline with sound analytical and statistical skills
- Strong customer service mindset
- Familiarity with non-GE turbines or non-GE control systems
- Experience in interfacing with all levels of GE internal and external customers (GE employees only)
- Green Belt certified, a plus
- Familiarity with the ControlST software suit
- Familiarity with power plant methods of communication and networking with DCS systems such as MODBUS
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Colorado; Longmont
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.