Expro Group are currently recruiting for a Subsurface (Petroleum – Production) Engineer to join their EGIS team based in Aberdeen.
The role of the Subsurface (petroleum – production) engineer has a number of facets and is a key role in the operation of the EGIS and Expro product lines. The holder will be expected to perform the following functions:
- To undertake subsurface (petroleum – production) engineering work, as directed by the EGIS management team, that not only supports the Expro product lines but demonstrates clear added value to Expro’s clients.
- Promote and support the Expro Capabilities of: Reservoir Evaluation, Production Optimisation, Performance Completions, Well Integrity and Well Abandonment as Integrated Solutions.
- To develop new and innovative methods to increase the value of the work undertaken by Expro and it’s product lines.
- Undertake subsurface (petroleum – production) engineering projects applying industry recognised standards and best practices.
- Undertake subsurface (petroleum – production) engineering projects in accordance with either the EGIS project management process or, where applicable, Expro Client’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare subsurface (petroleum – production) engineering output and associated reports to the highest possible standards.
- Maintain, and where possible improve, knowledge of subsurface (petroleum – production) engineering best practices through review of technical papers and membership of professional organisations and chartered status where applicable or desired.
- Actively comply with all applicable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and processes. Promote HSE awareness; take responsibility and be accountable for own safety and safety of others. Demonstrate the personal application of HSE procedures in daily performance and always follow the 10 Safety House Rules.
- Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Quality policies, procedures, processes and systems. Take an active part in quality improvement processes. Identify and report any deficiencies to supervisor and obtain authorisation for any deviations from standard procedures.
- Actively adhere to the Code of Conduct and Anti-Bribery policies, procedures and processes to ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained and exposure to liability or risk to Expro’s reputation is minimised. If necessary, report possible violations or conflicts of interest.
Analytical & interpretative skills / expertise should cover, but not be limited to:
• Exploration and production engineering activities.
• Multiphase flow modelling and prediction.
• Completion architecture and design.
• Factors affecting well productivity and optimising operations to minimise damage including well test analysis.
• Selection of well stimulation candidates and stimulation planning.
• Well Operations planning and optimisation.
• Technical awareness of and familiarity with aspects of reservoir characterisation, drilling, well testing, well operations, process facilities, production chemistry and well operations.
• Collating and interpreting data & technical information
• Project planning and design
• Documentation and presentation of findings and recommendations
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related Science or engineering subject with significant experience is essential.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of drilling, petroleum engineering, well design and performance modelling and data analysis.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Advanced problem solving and project management skills.
- Is action oriented, ethical in value, and client focused with a drive for results.
- Sound ability to manage their time and others, make quality decisions, and manage and measure work.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Ability to work on integrated, cross-functional project teams. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.