Date: Nov 25, 2018
Location: Tioga, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in two key U.S. shale plays – the Bakken in North Dakota and the Utica in Ohio. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This position will be based in Tioga, ND. The Materials Process Supervisor is responsible for implementing and assuring that material receipt, storage, handling and delivery processes and performance meet business requirements. Additionally, the role is responsible for driving continuous improvement activities to optimize the physical flow of materials to deliver efficient, effective material supply.
This role will interface with business partners, 3rd party Warehouse Operations, yards, suppliers and remote site Material Coordinators, ensuring Hess Standards and Procedures are followed. Additionally, the Material Process Supervisor will ensure that SQDC metrics are in place, visible and managed for expected performance and continuous improvement.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and document the physical value stream (Value Stream Map-VSM), including inbound flow, storage points, and warehouse/yard/job site touchpoints. Use to illustrate where problems are happening, and to establish agreement on targeted continuous improvement areas.
- Ensure standard work is in place across the physical value stream to ensure reliable visibility and delivery of kitted and project material requirements, and that processes and results meet business requirements, EHS standards, and GSC Standards.
- Ensure processes are in place to deliver strong warehouse management practices for maintaining security, location/identification, and proper handling, labeling, storage, and preservation requirements.
- Ensure MRP process standards are in place; support troubleshooting needs
- Provide direction, and serve as main point of contact for warehouse yard and 3rd party materials resources
- Manage budget for storage and other warehousing service costs, and ensure related PO’s/ invoices are processed
- Manage Joint Business Plans with third party warehouse supplier ensuring visibility and delivery of annual objectives and breakthrough activities.
- Support planning and execution of inventory counts, including cycle counts, at warehouse, yards, and 3rd party sites
- 5+ years materials, inventory, production planning or related supply chain experience, preferably in materials
- Experience with inventory management, master data management
- ERP system experience, including Materials management, Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), Purchase Requisitions (PR), Work Orders, preferably SAP
- CPIM (Certified Production Inventory Management) a plus
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution or closely related degree is strongly desired; advanced degree a plus.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.