In all environments, we acquire process and interpret surveys that provide our clients with a comprehensive understanding of their subsurface targets and geological settings. We deliver our unique expertise in geoscience technology and project management through our three complementary business activities: Equipment, Acquisition and GGR (Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir).
- Technology: The employee must have a working knowledge of seismic data and petrophysics.
- Teamwork: The employee is required to work in a dynamic team environment. Team members are expected to willingly trade responsibilities and communicate regularly. Interaction with clients, software programmers and internal reservoir geophysics is essential. Team members have support, documentation, reporting and ministration duties.
- Clients: The employee is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships. A willingness to assist customers with simple or complicated requests while exhibiting a friendly, patient, can-do attitude is vital. Fluent English and professional communication are essential. Other language proficiencies are welcome, particularly Spanish.
- Financial: Awareness of opportunities to expand the number of software licenses used by clients is part of the role, although direct selling or marketing is not required.
- Support customers on complex technical issues including problems related to enterprise networks, servers, and workstations.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from clients within the pre-determined timeframe.
- Work with Business Managers to identify sales opportunities through support calls, new licenses, training or onsite support.
- Investigate and resolve problems installing software as a result of environmental variables.
- Identify solutions to work around open issues / problems that are under investigation or pending resolution.
- Document, and track, case histories, issues, and actionable steps taken.
- Perform company software research, testing and recommendations.
- Improve documentation of support policies and procedures.
- Perform quality assurance testing of new software releases.
Required Education & Experience
- Back ground in petrophysics understanding the connection and integration of seismic and well data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petrophysics, Geophysics or Geoscience
- Familiarity with Geophysical Software. Experience working with PowerLog, Hampson-Russell, Jason, InsightEarth or an equivalent package
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with Windows & LINUX
- Strong telephone, customer service and communication skills
- One or more years work experience in the oil and gas industry. Preferable in a geophysics department working as (or with) a Petrophysics.