Location: Kuala Lumpur, MY
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Kuala Lumpur : Naza Tower : Plat (LR_L000213)
Position Category:Customer Service
Department:MY764043 : SW Operations (MY764043)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required: A degree in Geology, Engineering or another technical degree with suitable industry experience.
Experience Required:See Job Description
Relocation Provided: No
LR Software Division has a small but broad range of products. Predominantly these are supplied to the Energy sector with most work being Geoscience in nature. However, as the division grows there will be other non-Geoscience products added to the portfolio. It will be the expectation of candidates to support all products, not just those that fall into their specialism or niche.
The successful candidate would ensure continued success of LR Software Support products (predominantly IP and IC) both in the local region and globally when required. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are necessary, and good presentation skills are an advantage.
The successful candidate will work as part of the LR Software Support team, liaising with clients to solve technical problems, assist with using LR Software products, and driving the progression of the software. An ability to work both unsupported and within a team, and inspire others in alignment of behaviours to LR’s vision is essential. On occasion, the candidate will be required to travel to customer offices to conduct onsite technical support, demonstrations or training in the software and may also be required to travel out with the local region to do this.
- Problem identification and resolution
- Answer technical questions and problems that customers submit about LR Software products
- Using the tools at their disposal, ensure that common issues are identified early and resolved
- Creation of new documentation and media to support the help desk and training
- Support Helpdesk
- Ensure support tickets are picked up and assigned in a timely manner
- Ensure support tickets are answered appropriately
- Moderate responses and provide content for the support website
- Assist the Software Testing and Development teams, testing new modules, writing test cases, and following up on cases on behalf of clients
- Customer Technical Visits
- Guide the customer through various technical demonstrations
- Provide technical support at the customers office
- Manufacture training material for the delivery of technical courses
- Conduct training courses, both public and in-house for clients
- A degree in Geology, Engineering or another technical degree with suitable industry experience.
- Previous experience in a technical customer support role
- Previous experience in the oil industry e.g. wireline engineering, mudlogging, etc.
- Experience with IP, IC or similar products
- Proactive and forthcoming approach when faced with problems
- Show an interest in developing knowledge of the wider area of work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to pick up and learn new software products/modules quickly and be able to pass this knowledge on to the wider team
- Desire to present or teach detailed technical information to customers
- Apply either graduate knowledge or industry experience to tasks or problems presented
- Meticulous testing of software products. Must be able to follow instruction and record results as detailed in testing documentation
- Second language in the following would be an advantage; Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian Bahasa. Any other second language would be considered as well.
- Communication – The ability to communicate clearly; orally and in writing.
- Teamwork – Works co-operatively and supportively with other members of immediate team.
- Problem-solving & Judgement – Ensures full awareness of available facts before making decisions.
- Delivers Results – Ensures own role continues to add value to the business.
- LR Software is a growing area of the wider company, offering the successful candidate professional development and career progression opportunities
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, Testing, Technical Support, Information Technology, Engineering, Technology