Houston Operational Headquarters – 77041
TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions.
TGS is looking for an experienced Technical Marketing Manager based in Houston at the company’s Operational headquarters, who will be responsible for client perception of our technical capabilities, products and services. The Technical Marketing Manager will own the technical content strategy for marketing campaigns and programs, leading in the strategy, development and execution of technical brand initiatives for a portfolio of subsurface data across TGS globally.
The successful candidate will need to fit into a close-knit team and performance driven culture, exhibit a strong passion for business and research as well as the ability to collaborate with other teams and departments. The Technical Marketing Manager will work closely with regional Product Marketing Specialists as well as technology leaders from other departments, including Chief Geophysicists and the seismic Imaging R&D team. This role requires a driven, organized and strategic thinker with exceptional written communication and editorial skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with a variety of stakeholders to plan, develop, implement, manage and measure strategic technical content for targeted market segments including oil & gas industry technical audience
- Develop content, messaging and communications for various marketing and sales campaigns based on a solid understanding of business, technology and program goals
- Conduct market research and monitor industry trends, news, and social media content for strategic use in content development
- Gain a clear understanding of our peers, competitors and business environment to evaluate, track and measure content
- Identify and promote case studies, editorial, advertising, and social media posts to highlight TGS products and services
- Support technology leaders across the organization with editing and promoting papers and articles, increasing both quality and quantity
- Understand and communicate technical subjects in a clear, concise, and engaging manner
- Liaise with subject matter experts on content and maintain corporate brand standards across all projects
- Assist with publishing, revising and updating content on multiple platforms
- Support Marketing department with ad-hoc projects.
- Identify opportunities, generate and publish regular and timely proactive messages via the company’s social media platforms
- Research new and alternative ways to leverage social media strategy and activities.
- Produce/provide ad content and support development of campaign content for print and digital advertising.
Tradeshows and Events
- Work with BU and collaborate with Product Marketing to formulate and provide input on technical presence and content at conferences and tradeshows
- Assist Tradeshow and Events Manager with planning and coordinating region specific client events and technical seminars
- Attend tradeshows as marketing representative, where relevant.
- Measure effectiveness and constantly identify ways to improve content development efforts
- Turn strategic content plans into effective marketing campaigns
- Measure the effectiveness of content plans regularly and shift strategy to meet the business objective when needed
- Leverage best-practices, competitive research and market analysis to make strategy recommendations and optimize effort.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Geology, Geophysics or related field
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years in Oil & Gas industry.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Familiar with a variety of marketing concepts, deliverables, practices and procedures, advertising and brand management
- Experience with social media for professional use
- Experience with content B2B marketing, copywriting or journalism of technical subjects
- Experience conducting market research, data analysis, customer segmentation, and crafting value propositions and differentiating tactics
- Experience with understanding technical concepts and working with technology leaders and ability to translate into appropriate technical marketing content
- Highly motivated team player who can contribute to a collaborative atmosphere and is effective in producing superior results
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with business units and multi-disciplinary teams
- Solid understanding of the Oil & Gas industry and network with industry press
- Well organized, independent and an ability to simultaneously coordinate and complete multiple projects with differing deadlines
- Passion for marketing with capacity to make data-driven decisions
- Proficient in Associated Press style and exhibits high attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables
- Flexible to shifting priorities
- Travel 15%.