NobelClad is a world leader in explosion welding and is seeking a Welding/Metallurgical/Manufacturing Engineer. This position is based out of our manufacturing facility in Mt. Braddock, Pennsylvania.
- BS in Metallurgy/Materials, or Engineering with the ability to implement practical solutions based on engineering fundamentals
- 1 – 2 years engineering experience
- Knowledge and experience with Matlab, CAD, and metallurgy
- Knowledge and experience with welding, and other fabrication processes such as head forming, machining, flame cutting and plasma cutting
- Experience with materials and metallurgy
- Develops and implements process improvements. Ability to direct, and demonstrate if necessary, fundamentally sound welding practices, including joint preparation and cleaning, shielding gas selection and application, welding parameters, and machine settings. Working knowledge of ASME Pressure Vessel Code procedure and welder qualification requirements (WPS, PQR). Experienced with TIG and MIG, and familiar with Seam welding and weld overlay processes.
- Develop and evaluate new products, processes, and applications
- Project management for assigned projects
- Assist with ISO quality system development, implementation and maintenance. Ensure that procedures and welders are appropriately qualified for the work performed, and maintain welding process and welder qualification records. Evaluate and disposition nonconforming material; and develop and implement effective corrective action. Perform internal audits to ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Directs and coordinates technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers’ compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification.
- Performs experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Facilitate transition of new products and processes from development into production
- Knowledge of ASTM and ASME material standards. Computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. CAD skill very beneficial.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with variables.
Successful candidates must be able to function in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects at once.
- Safe Harbor 401(k)
- Company provided Life/LTD/STD
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition assistance
DMC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law. DMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.